Monday, August 23, 2010

08/22/2010

Well over the past week I have not gotten done nearly as much as I would have liked, hoping to make up for that this week. To start off with I finished getting all of the vales cleaned up and finished the last little cleaning that the head needed.



I put all of the valves back in the head and also put in the new plugs since there is less space when it is back in the engine bay.



At this point I decided to get the head gasket out and make sure everything was going to line up… good thing I checked because it did not. Turns out the gasket set that I bought did not have the right head gasket in it, however, all of the other gaskets fit fine. Well after a day or two of hunting I managed to track down a Fel-pro gasket which, from what I understand, is the same as the OEM. So, another $41 and I finally had the correct part.

I managed to also pick up an original Honda service manual from ebay for dirt cheap, this will come in handy I am sure.


During my head gasket issues I also discovered that the engine was not the original as I had thought, I was told it had been rebuilt.




While I believe that it is the original style engine, the numbers on the frame and block are different. I am hoping to track down a little more info on exactly what the engine is here soon.

The past few day the garage has been home to a few more thing than usual so I have not had room to work on it. However, that should be cleared up tomorrow or Tuesday and then I can get back to it and hopefully have her running by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment