Sunday, August 8, 2010

08/05/2010 and 08/06/2010

So it seems that the only get a chance to work on the car is Thursday and Friday so unfortunately most of the week it just sits. However, I will have time off from school starting next week so I should have lots more time to work on it. I would like to have it running by the 20th at the latest. That will give me a month more to work out any other problems before the terms starts back up and I will be way too busy to do much with it.

So, I have managed to get the gasket surfaces mostly cleaned up and it looks like I should be ok to put it back together without getting it machined, thank god! I am about half way through cleaning the parts and have made a lot of headway on the head. It looks like aluminum again and except for the CVCC valves, all of the valves are out and although very dirty they look workable.

Amazing how dirty some of this was, I am beginning to wonder if it was really running before the head blew!

Going to try and get the CVCC valves out and anything else off of the head on Monday night so that I might be able to take advantage of the solvent tank at school before the term is over. The rest of it I think I can clean without the tank but there are so many little places for grub to hide in the head that I really need the tank.

I am starting to really look forward to hearing it run!

No comments:

Post a Comment