Tuesday, August 10, 2010

08/10/2010

Brought the head to the shop today and soaked it in the solvent tank for a few hours and then was finally able to remove the CVCC valve assembly. The head cleaned up pretty nice although I am likely going to end up getting it professionally cleaned and machined here soon.

I cleaned up the block a little more and am very happy with the way the cylinders look. The pistons were a little cruddy but they cleaned up pretty easy and they move so nicely that I am not worried about them. Cleaned up the cam shaft a little as well though it really didn’t need much besides a rinse off and a coating of fresh oil on the critical surfaces. The bearing surfaces have some scoring but not something I am very worried about considering how little the forces are on it.

More soon, my last day of class is tomorrow and then I will have lots of time to finish this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment