Friday, August 13, 2010

08/13/2010

Well I got the head back from the machine shop today and overall I am happy with the job they did. The tooling could have been a little better and I am not really happy with the tooling marks all over the gasket surface. I don’t think it will be an issue as far as sealing goes but it just seems like they could have done a better job. There was also some confusion about the exhaust manifold bolts that they took off and then forgot to give back to me, and the threads on them are pretty mashed which I am not happy about. Regardless, time for it to go back together!



Look, shiny!


The valves are proving to be very difficult to clean properly. I really wish that I was able to replace them but as it stands I am already over budget for what I really am able to spend on the car right now. I am sure the old ones will work fine for now they are just going to take some time and effort to clean up properly. Should have them all cleaned up tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good polishing of the valves is in order! Besides for them screwing a few things up, looks good none the less!

    ReplyDelete