Tuesday, July 27, 2010

07/27/2010

Got started on some prep work yesterday, and picked up a few tools that I was missing. I put the front end up on jack stands for stability and to get it a little higher off the ground. Checked the battery and it looks like it might have actually regained almost all of its capacity, at least that is what the battery tender was indicating. We will see if it keeps the charge over the next few days.

Today the goal was to get the air box, carbs, wiring, and guards out of the way so that I can get access to the top end. However, a long day at work and other things came up so it looks like that will have to be started tomorrow. The gasket set is due in tomorrow and so maybe I can get that going over the next few days.

I did notice that the outboard drivers side CV boot was split but it looks like it has not gone dry so hopefully only the boot needs replacing, those are only $45 or so. More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment